Sunday, March 1, 2009

New In The Quote Series

My long term paintings take a long time, practice, planning and exploration. I am working towards saying something I have planned out in my mind.

The quote series lets me relax more and just let the process take me for a ride. I use them as a place to meditate and solve problems in my other works. They sort of flow out from the quote I select and the photograph I decide to include.

I think about what the quote says to me and how it relates to issues in my life or the way I feel about life. Colors, mediums, textures and, materials all reveal what I need to do as I move along in the process. The more of these I do, the less time I spend on the "what now" part and the more time I spend in that beautiful place of being lost in the act of creation.

I love the actual feel of these pieces - I know, I know - "Don't touch the art work." The final works beg to be touched and when I exhibit them, I give people permission to do just that.

To see more of these check out my Flickr photo stream.



No comments:

Post a Comment