Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sketchbook


Pretty certain my "Black Iris" real name is "Night Owl" see if you agree! I call it a black iris. It is so dark and a beautiful shade of blue violet! I should really come close to completion this weekend. PLEASE hurry June 19.

Check out my sketchbook folder on Flickr! This is how I develop my ideas, take notes and sketch out image ideas. This is my third sketchbook and definitely my best one. I made the book myself - modeled after one I saw in a catalog. I can change out pages, add more or, do whatever I need to expand.

Two pretty exciting things happened this week. I attended my first B.A.A. (Buxton Art Association) meeting. A group of local artists getting together for chat and camaraderie. I also made contact with a possible exhibition venue for this coming fall in town Portland right on Gongress Street.
Step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment