Saturday, June 20, 2009

Whats On The Easel

Well - summer studio is now CLEAN! Screens in the windows and supplies in place. Two paintings are going on right now. Goal one is to finish "Night Owl" - first known as "Black Iris" until I found out the real name. This painting is on an 18 x 24 birch panel wrapped with a luscious bali batik fabric in yellows and deep ochers. Textured gels and mediums add to the yummy color and feel.

I have also started my environmental series. The first one is titled "Stranded at Sea" This work is only in its infancy. I have added it here to try and show how the under layers add to the overall color and richness of a final painting. The bear will be greatly concealed with text and collage. The entire panel is 48 x 24. The portion with the bear is a raised panel that is 4 x 6. This bear panel will "float" in a sea of deep blue.

My summer studio is now open. Great view! I really really need an easel now that my panels are getting larger. Will be shopping for one that is flexible.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, Deb--I'm a follower--always was, always will be. Thanks for the invite, gal!! Love your iris Can't wait to see the finished "Stranded By the Sea". Keep up the good work and have a wonderful summer vacation. Lord knows, you deserve it!!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judy! Thanks for the comments! Hope you can join us this fall for a painting class!

    deb

    ReplyDelete