Thursday, July 23, 2009

Paint Out

I spent yesterday on a paint out with Pastel Painters of Maine in the Scarboro Marsh. Although the weather was not the best - the sky was dramatic at times and I love dramatic skies. I met some very nice people and the work was beautiful! The best part was to see so many people out painting together!

I used some paper that I forgot I had purchased! One of my fellow artists asked me what it was and I did not even know! Shame on me! Came home and started to try and figure out what I had painted on! It is from UArt. I bought a sample pack because it claims to have the waterproof quality of Wallis paper but I have NOT tried it out with water color yet. I liked it ok - the true test will be it's ability to take water. I intend to try
that with a study for my next 30 x 40 acrylic painting. Wallis pastel paper is my favorite!
I am now an official member of the Union of Maine Visual Artists! I joined yesterday. I will have one free web site page on their site so be looking for that update as soon as I get the link set up.
Meeting tonight with the "Buxton Art Association" - that's the name for now at least. We doubled in size from the last meeting! Its all very exciting. This meeting will be held in the GAR hall in Standish. We are looking for a group home base.

No comments:

Post a Comment