Sunday, August 9, 2009

What's on the Easel

I have 8 new paintings started in anticipation of my solo exhibition in February. Two 30 x 40, a series of four 18 x 24, all acrylics. I also have a new quarter sheet watercolor and as well as a quarter sheet pastel started. My summer goal was to have a plan in place and the compositions on supports before I went back to school. With all of the planning and drawing done, I can just enjoy the painting process.

The exhibition is planned around a title that I think will work well for that time of year. I will share that when I get closer just in case I change my mind. The gallery at Harmon's and Barton's is really lovely with large windows that look right over Congress Street. These are some of the images I will be working with - all my own shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment