Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daily Painting August 11 2010

Real struggle to paint today. So many every day life things get in the way! Lots of phone calls today to make travel arrangements for a Doctors appointment. Plus, the day was such a beauty! I just HAD to get some fresh air.
I do realize I am in the rears! This post is for painting number 12. I started it yesterday and it took me all day long to get to it again! This is on UArt 500 paper. I started with a gray dry wash which I have never attempted before. At first I loved the neutral ground but as I developed the image I found the contrast harder to create. Perhaps I made the dry wash too dark or too thick. Next time I think I will do the wash lighter and give it a temperature that compliments the image.

Here is painting number 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment