Saturday, August 14, 2010

Daily Painting August 14 2010

Biggest accomplishment today? I posted the painting I did the same day I completed it. I'm exhausted! I think a perfect summer day is hard to make visually unique. I tried to capture the time of day and the perfect weather but to me, perfect weather looks a bit boring.

This painting is 6 3/4 x 10 1/2 on UArt pastel paper. I started with a Cerulean Blue watercolor wash. I swear that greens are one of the hardest colors to work with! Next painting my plan is to try a neutral under painting and then add color to that. I love the artist Stephen Quiller - his color work is so bold and dynamic. He uses a lot of neutrals. That will be my focus for next painting.

Her is painting number 15.

2 comments:

  1. Deb,
    Though I like most all your work, this one is one of the best. You make good weather in Maine look wonderful from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerry. I need a visual hook I guess and I didnt think this one had a particular one.

    ReplyDelete