Friday, August 13, 2010

Daily Painting August 12 2010

I find it difficult to post on the correct day. By the time I am done with the painting and every day life I'm too exhausted to post. Today, my goal is to post August 13 painting on August 13!
This painting is on La Cart Pastel Card. I learned how to do pastels on this surface. I remember thinking how wonderful it was at the time. Since then I has learned the things I don't like about it. For one. It is not waterproof. I cant tell you how many times I have been outside painting for an hour or two and had a drop of liquid sap or dew fall off a tree directly on to my painting! Ugh! There goes the surface and it is impossible to repare completely. The other issue I have is the grit size. It is like painting on sand that you would dig up yourself and, that sand tends to want to move about on the surface. I can think of times when I might like to choose this surface but for the most part, Its not for.

As an aside, last night around 6:30 pm a very very large coyote appeared right in the middle of this very field. It looked very healthy with a good shiny coat. It was extremely light in color. At first we thought it was a deer. It is very unusual for a wild dog to expose themselves in the day light for such a long periods of time. This day I saw the coyote, two deer and a mother turkey with chicks.

Here is painting number 13.



No comments:

Post a Comment