Thursday, August 5, 2010

Daily Painting August 5, 2010

Another dreadful weather day. This kind of weather really gets to me. I could never move south!
Again I waited most of the day for some inspiration that was less FLAT and washed out. By four pm it was clear - what you see is what you get today! I took a shot with my digital camera that was a lower point of view - one that would encompass the flowers in the foreground more. A little work with photo shop and I had something that I could work with.

This painting is on UArt pastel paper toned with a pyrole red watercolor wash. This is such an absolutely yummy red! My aim was to create something more patterned - more flattened like the weather but with bright color.

Here is painting number 6.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Deb. The best part of living in Maine is right around the corner. FALL!!! - Kerry

    ReplyDelete