Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Daily Painting August 3, 2010

Today was a day of uninspired light. Drab, low contrast hazy muted color. There were a few moments when I thought the sun might provide a little show but it never materialized. So - after the dinner dishes were done I started looking through my pond photos. I decided to use some paper I had picked up from a pastel work shop I had at Haystack, Moulin De Larroque - the surface is textured and soft. This is not the kind of surface I gravitate towards. I don't really like the way the pastel sits on top of the ridges or that I need to work the color into the surface if I want coverage.

I'm OK with the final painting. Its good for me to work with a surface I'm not fond of. New challenges help solve other problems along the way. I decided today to also create an album on flickr for all the paintings I do this month. More exposure!

Here is painting number four.


1 comment: